This episode features Stanley Krippner: Professor of Psychology at Saybrook University, a contemporary and friend of Alan Watts, Albert Hofmann and Timothy Leary, author, co-author and editor of a vast body of fascinating work.
Some topics of this conversation include shamanism, the power of suggestion/placebo, dreams, psychoactive plants, Alan Watts, Albert Hofmann and Jungian psychology.
It was truly a privilege to talk to Stanley and I'm sure those interested in his areas of expertise will find this conversation as enjoyable as I did.
Shamanism/Traditional Medicine Conference Vienna (13-14th of October 2017)
Dreaming in the clear light
(Tibetan Lucid Dreaming Meditation Practise)
Lucid Dreaming Researchers:
Keith Hearne, Steven LaBerge, Michael Schredl
Santa Cruz Dream Bank:
Albert Hoffman (Swiss scientific pioneer of LSD and isolator of Psilocybin):
María Sabina (Mushroom Shaman)
- recording of mushroom ceremony
Gordon Wasson (Banker turned Ethnomycologist)
Pablo Amaringo (Ayahuasca Artist)
Mola Artwork (Tribal Art)
Carl Jungs Collective Unconcious
Chaotic Attractor/Strange Attractor
Research on Gregory Bateson's "Pattern That Connects"
Alan Watts (Philosopher)
Harmine (Compound in Ayahuasca)
Amanita muscaria mushroom
Methane Craters in Siberia
LIST OF BOOKS:
- Alan Watts - In the Academy by Alan Watts
- The Ketamine Papers Multiple Authors
- SOMA by R. Gordon Wasson
- Personal Mythology by David Feinstein and Stanley Krippner
- Demystifying Shamans and Their World by Adam J. Rock and Stanley Krippner
- Spirit of Shamanism by Roger Walsh
- Varieties of Anomalous Experience by Stanley Krippner
Recorded in Leipzig, Germany
Theme Song by Cosmic Tortoise